Lexington, KY Lawyer
Kellie M. Collins
Kellie is a lifelong resident of the Bluegrass state. She is a native of Eastern Kentucky, growing up in Salyersville, KY, before moving to Morehead, KY. A lifelong fan of the University of Kentucky Wildcats, Kellie attended the University of Kentucky for her undergraduate studies, participating in the Honors Program and graduating Magna Cum Laude. She continued her studies at UK, graduating from the University of Kentucky College of Law in May of 2008.
Although the daughter of a plaintiff’s attorney, Kellie began her legal career practicing insurance defense. For eight years, her practice focused on advising and representing insurance carriers in complex litigation, bad faith suits, and issues of insurance coverage. Kellie ultimately became a partner/shareholder in a regional defense firm based in Lexington, KY, before deciding to follow in her father’s footsteps. Kellie now uses her knowledge of insurance companies’ policies and procedures for the clients of the Golden Law Office.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, Juris Doctorate, May 2008
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Minor in Political Science, May 2005 Magna Cum Laude and with Honors
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- Commonwealth of Kentucky
Accomplishments, Honors, and Organizations
- United States Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of Kentucky, Appellate Division Extern
- University of Kentucky Honors Program
- 2016 & 2017 Super Lawyer Rising Star, Kentucky, Insurance Coverage
- Presenter, National Business Institute CLE, Bad Faith Law in Kentucky, September 22, 2016