Ms. Parker is a trial lawyer with Golden Law Office in Lexington, Kentucky. She devotes her practice to fighting elder abuse in nursing homes, medical malpractice, and dangerous pharmaceutical drugs. Ms. Parker has served as lead counsel in a number of matters in both federal and state court and has tried multiple civil cases to successful results in Kentucky. In 2017 and 2018, she was recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D. summa cum laude, 2014.
- Order of the Coif, 2014
- Kentucky Law Journal Editorial Board, 2013-2014.
- Publication: 4% Absent = 100% Disaster: Why the Math Doesn’t Add Up on Fixed Attendance Leave Policies Under the FMLA, Kentucky Law Journal, Spring 2014.
- Mount Holyoke College, B.A., cum laude, 2009.
- Sophia University Study Abroad, Tokyo, Japan, 2008
- Center for Cross Cultural Studies Study Abroad, Seville, Spain, 2007
- Kentucky, 2014
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
The majority of Ms. Parker’s practice is focused on representing elders who suffered sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, and poor care in nursing homes. She also represents the victims of catastrophic medical malpractice in the areas of birth injury, failure to diagnose cancer, wrong-site surgery, and many other areas of care.
In addition to these single-event cases, Ms. Parker also handles complex litigation in a number of state and federal forums. Ms. Parker is court-appointed liaison counsel in In Re: Onglyza (Saxagliptin) and Kombiglyze XR (Saxagliptin and Metformin) Products Liability Litigation MDL 2809, currently pending before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky. She represents multiple families harmed by NMDA-contaminated Valsartan in In Re: Valsartan MDL 2875, currently pending before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Ms. Parker also serves as lead counsel in a putative class action filed against a national nursing home chain alleging that the chain misled consumers by falsely reporting the number of direct care staff available to care for nursing home residents.
Ms. Parker’s approach to fighting nursing homes and hospitals is informed by her past legal experience. Prior to becoming a partner at Golden Law Office, Ms. Parker worked as an associate for a large regional law firm defending some of the biggest national healthcare providers. Her prior experience as a defense attorney gave her a keen understanding of the business of healthcare. She uses this perspective to fight nursing home and hospital chains by showing how these chains are interconnected and how they divert money from patient care to corporate profits. Call today to schedule a consultation with Ms. Parker or a member of her Nursing Home and Medical Malpractice team.