Large trucks, whether they’re 18 wheelers or semi trucks, can cause catastrophic injuries in accidents. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a truck accident, it’s important to know you can seek help. There are experienced professionals who are ready to help you get justice. Golden Law Office will stand by your side and stand up for your rights. When you have a Frankfort truck accident lawyer protecting your rights, you’ll have peace of mind that your best interests will always be put first.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help with Your Claim
After a wreck, you may be dealing with serious injuries that will require significant medical care in order for you to recover. This can result in expensive medical bills. You’ll likely need to take time off work for your recovery. When you’re thinking about how you’re going to get the care you need, you may decide to file a claim because you weren’t at fault for the accident.
When you file a claim, our truck accident attorneys will take all your losses into account. You could receive compensation for:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Property Damage
- Emotional Anguish
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
If you’ve suffered from a catastrophic injury, you may have a permanent disability that could require medical equipment and prevent you from returning to your job. Catastrophic injuries include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, internal organ damage, and loss of limb. A Frankfort truck accident lawyer from our law firm will take the extent of your injuries and their implications into account when calculating your compensation.
To build you a strong case, your attorney will examine how your accident happened. Let’s take a look at the common causes of truck collisions.
What Causes Truck Accidents in Frankfort?
When a big rig crashes, it can cause a lot of damage to those involved. Unfortunately, someone’s negligence may have been the reason why the accident happened. Those negligent actions include:
- Speeding. When a truck driver is speeding, they’re going to need more time to slow down or change lanes. If they need to make a quick decision on the road, they may not have the time or the space to maneuver. There’s also the concern if the truck driver hits something on the road that causes the wheels to lift, which can result in a rollover accident.
- Driving While Intoxicated. Intoxicated truck drivers can make mistakes because they’re not alert or fit to be behind the wheel.
- Fatigued Driving. While truck drivers have demanding schedules, they’re supposed to take breaks so they can be ready to drive. If a truck driver is drowsy when they’re behind the wheel, they could potentially fall asleep while driving and cause an accident.
- Driving in Inclement Weather. Truck drivers that don’t adjust their driving for weather conditions can lose control of their vehicle. For example, if it begins to snow, traffic may slow down because it’s no longer safe to drive at the speed limit. If a truck continues to drive at high speeds in poor weather, they could cause a collision.
- Driving with an Overloaded Trailer. Depending on the truck, there are certain weight limits the truck will need to meet so the axles aren’t overloaded and the truck can safely be on the road. A trailer that’s overloaded can swing out from behind the semi truck and form an L shape. The driver will likely not be able to regain control of the trailer and they’ll be involved in a jackknife accident.
- Failing to Check Blind Spots. Drivers need to be aware of their blind spots. On a truck, the blind spots are larger than with a regular sized vehicle. If the truck driver isn’t paying attention to their blind spots, they could cause an override or underride accident, where a car is trapped underneath the truck. These accidents can be fatal.
As we investigate the incident that caused your accident, that evidence can help us find out who was responsible for your injuries.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident Claim
Most would think the truck driver was likely at fault for the accident. While this may be true in some cases, it’s possible for other parties to be at fault for the truck wreck.
The truck driver can be liable for the accident if they were distracted, intoxicated, or disobeying traffic laws. However, the other parties that can be responsible may not have been present at the time of the crash.
If the trucking company didn’t evaluate the truck to make sure it’s road ready or check that it was loaded properly, then their negligence to do this could have been why the accident occurred.
Another aspect to consider is if the truck had a faulty part that malfunctioned during operation. Defective tires, brakes, engines, or any part of the truck may fail to work while the truck driver is driving. They may have no control over the truck after the part malfunctions. In this case, the manufacturing company that made the auto part could be responsible for the accident.
Our Frankfort truck accident lawyers will diligently review the evidence of your case to find out who was ultimately responsible for your accident. After we find out how and why your accident occurred, we’ll start fighting for you to get the compensation you deserve.
Seek a Free Case Evaluation with Golden Law Office
Golden Law Office is here to protect Frankfort citizens when they’re been wrongfully injured. Our attorneys have years of experience in defending clients who have been harmed in large truck collisions. We know the laws that apply to your case, including the statute of limitations. If you file a claim outside of the statute of limitations, you may not be eligible to receive compensation.
The sooner you meet with a truck accident lawyer, the sooner you can pursue justice and not have to worry about the time you have to file. Our attorneys will properly file your claim.
Get in touch with us today so we can review your case and go over your options. Golden Law Office is here for you.
Golden Law is a local, Kentucky Law Firm, attorneys/lawyers in Fayette County, Kentucky, working in the fields of personal injury, auto accidents, car and truck wrecks; medical malpractice: doctors, hospitals & nursing homes; senior living abuse: neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse, dehydration, bedsores, catastrophic injuries, and broken bones. If you are considering a lawsuit, call us at 859.469.5000 for a free consultation. We are located at 771 Corporate Dr. Suite 800/ Lexington, Kentucky 40503. We handle cases all over the Commonwealth of Kentucky. We have represented and trained people in major insurance companies & major trucking companies. We have first hand experience and know the ‘inside of the insurance business’ … that’s a distinction that no other law firm can make. We’re Your Advocate. Dale Golden, Laraclay Parker.