Burn injuries can be dangerous, painful, and sometimes the damage is so severe it can’t be fully healed. When you sustain a burn injury, your life can turn upside down. While you have to deal with the physical pain and recovery, many burn victims also suffer from emotional trauma. The medical expenses, insurance claims, and missing work can cause an overwhelming amount of stress.
If you have suffered a burn injury, a Lexington burn injury lawyer from Golden Law Office can help you. We’ll work tirelessly to get you the compensation you need. You may be able to receive compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, loss of earnings, pain and suffering, and punitive damages.
Golden Law Office is proud to represent the citizens of Kentucky and stand up for their rights. When someone else’s negligence causes devastating injuries, we will hold that person accountable for their actions and get you the justice you deserve.
How Do Burn Injuries Happen?
People can sustain burn injuries on the road, in the workplace, and even using a product that wasn’t made safely. All it takes is for one person to be negligent to cause potentially life-threatening injuries.
Burn injuries can occur from:
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcyclists share the road with other motor vehicles like cars and trucks. If a driver isn’t paying attention or misjudges something like speed or distance, they can cause a collision. Motorcyclists can still get injured when they’re wearing a helmet and protective gear. The friction of hitting the ground can cause burn injuries, also known as road rash.
- Bicycle Accidents. Road rash can affect cyclists, too. If they fall of their bike in the event of a car accident, the force of hitting the ground can damage their skin and cause burns.
- Car Accidents. In a serious car accident, an electrical fire could start that may result in serious burn injuries to victims.
- Dry and Wet Heat. Dry heat exposure, such as a fire, could come from a defective product that has electrical issues. People can come into contact with wet heat, like steam or hot liquids, and that can damage the skin as well.
- Chemicals. Exposure to corrosive chemicals can burn skin and cause scarring.
What Are the Different Degrees of Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries have different degrees of severity that affects the treatment, recovery time, and if there are any permanent damages from the injury. The speed of a motor vehicle crash or temperature of a hot liquid will determine the degree of the burn.
The degrees are differentiated by the skin layers they affect. The outer layer of skin is the epidermis, followed by the dermis, and under that is the hypodermis, or subcutaneous tissue. The higher the degree, the deeper the affected layers of skin.
- First Degree Burns. These burns are the least dangerous because they only affect the outer layer of skin. But this doesn’t mean it isn’t an injury. First degree burns still can show redness and be painful, but there isn’t a high risk of long-term tissues damage.
- Second Degree Burns. These burns affect skin under the out layers. This kind of burn will most likely blister, be painful to touch, and appear to be red or swollen.
- Third Degree Burns. The hypodermis tissue can be affected or the dermis can be mostly destroyed in a third degree burn and it usually shows as red or white. Sometimes, there is tissue damage that requires skin grafts to heal. Nerve damage and permanent scarring can occur.
- Fourth Degree Burns. These burns can reach the bones and muscles underneath the layers of skin, which destroys the nerve endings. This can make these burns less physically painful than third degree burns, but the damage is worse and can lead to loss of the burned part.
There may be some cases where a person passes away because of their burn injuries. If this has happened to a loved one, you have options to stand up for their rights. You can file a wrongful death claim. The lawyers from Golden Law Office can help you get them justice, and you can possibly get compensation for your loved one’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, loss of income, and loss of companionship and care.
How a Lexington Burn Injury Lawyer Can Help You
A burn injury attorney in Lexington, KY from Golden Law Office will help you with your claim. We’ll support your case by gathering evidence of where the injury occurred, look at your medical records, and evaluate how this injury has affected you financially, physically, and emotionally. Our firm can also contact experts to provide insight as to how the accident happened and determine fault.
Golden Law Office has extensive experience in handling fire cases. We have experts that we use to conduct a cause and origin analysis. It is critical to cordon off the area of a home or business that has been damaged by fire and to put all potential defendants on notice of their opportunity to inspect the premises. In this way, claims from defendant manufacturers of spoliation of evidence can be avoided. All experts and investigators must be required to sign in and all potential evidence harvested must be meticulously logged, preserved and a protocol for testing must be established. Golden Law Office is familiar with and has had extensive experience on all the intricacies that are involved in fire cases.
In some cases, a claim won’t end with a favorable settlement and it goes to trial. We’re prepared to help you every step of the way if that happens and get you the compensation you need. Call us today at (859) 469-5000 to set up a free consultation with a burn injury lawyer to discuss your case.
Golden Law is a local, Kentucky Law Firm, attorneys/lawyers in Fayette County, Kentucky, working in the fields of personal injury, auto accidents, car and truck wrecks; medical malpractice: doctors, hospitals & nursing homes; senior living abuse: neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse, dehydration, bedsores, catastrophic injuries, and broken bones. If you are considering a lawsuit, call us at 859.469.5000 for a free consultation. We are located at 771 Corporate Dr. Suite 800/ Lexington, Kentucky 40503. We handle cases all over the Commonwealth of Kentucky. We have represented and trained people in major insurance companies & major trucking companies. We have first hand experience and know the ‘inside of the insurance business’ … that’s a distinction that no other law firm can make. We’re Your Advocate. Dale Golden, Laraclay Parker.