You may be wondering how to proceed after your car accident. You’ve taken care of your medical needs, reported the accident to the proper authorities, and filed your insurance claim. Now what? The answer to that question depends on your situation. In some instances, especially if the car accident was minor or only involved a single vehicle, an attorney may not be necessary; however, in most cases, you’ll only receive the justice you deserve with the help of knowledgeable legal representation.
An experienced lawyer can help you hold the negligent party responsible for their actions, as well as help you negotiate settlements with pushy insurance companies. No matter the question, a reliable car accident attorney will have or will find you the answers you need.
You may not need to seek legal representation if your vehicle was not damaged, you or your passengers sustained no injuries and did not seek medical treatment, and your life after the accident was not significantly altered.
There are certain situations after a car accident that warrant the guidance and representation of a personal injury attorney. Some of those situations are listed below:
- If the accident resulted in serious or permanent injury
- If the accident resulted in the death of an individual
- If the fault of the accident is difficult to determine
- If a pedestrian was involved in the accident
- If the accident occurred in a construction zone
- If you notice discrepancies in the police report
- If you have concerns about the statute of limitations
- If you have low liability insurance limits
- If you have no insurance
- If your insurer is acting questionably
- The other driver’s insurance company is questionable
- If your insurer is involving their attorney
- If you want to seek advice on the value of your claim
- If you want to seek advice on negotiating with your insurer
- If you don’t know your rights
An attorney can help you navigate the stress insurance companies often cause, as well as give you the confidence you need to pursue what you deserve. If you’ve been involved in a car accident and are uncertain as to how to proceed, our Kentucky car accident lawyers are prepared to offer guidance. No matter what you decide to do, your first consultation is free. We’ll take the time to review your claim and discuss your options with you, no strings attached. Contact us online today.